FROM THE OFFICE OF CONGRESSMAN ROB WITTMAN
In an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19 and for the safety and well-being of our residents, staff, and patrons of our community, Town Hall will be temporarily closed to the public. Town Hall will continue to operate during normal hours Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. We are still here to assist you in any way possible. Citizens needing assistance are encouraged to contact Town Hall by telephone at 804-493-9623 or send an email to email@example.com.
Residents who want to pay their water/trash bill may:
1. Mail a check to the Town of Montross, PO Box 126, Montross, VA 22520
2. Use the secure 24-hour payment drop box located next to the front door of the Town Office located at 15869 Kings Highway, Montross, VA
3. Pay online at townofmontross.org
Thank you for helping to protect our community.
Helping Neighbors Program
With the rising prevalence of Coronavirus (COVID 19) in the region, many of us are self-quarantining. This creates challenges for many seniors and other self-quarantined individuals who still need access to groceries, medications, and other services or supplies. To help address these concerns, Bay Aging offers our Helping Neighbors program to link those interested in volunteering with our neighbors in need of assistance.
If you are interested in helping your neighbors stay fed and have access to much needed services/supplies during this crisis, or if you are quarantined/home-bound and need assistance, please fill out the Volunteer or Request for Assistance forms and we will connect volunteers with those in need. Please note, this service is available to ANY AGE, not just seniors.
Please click the link below for more information:
VOLUNTEER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Town of Montross activated its Volunteer Assistance Program (VAP) on March 13th. This program is a phone tree to check on citizens that may need assistance during times of emergencies. If you feel like you’d like to be included in our VAP please call 804-214-0084.
IN THE EVENT OF A MEDICAL EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL - 911.
March 17, 2020
The Town of Montross urges residents to educate themselves regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and follow best practices when it comes to preventing the illness and avoiding exposure.
Please follow these tips to keep yourself and your family members safe:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. In instances when soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough of difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider or the Health Department immediately.
Virginia Department of Health link:
World Health Organization: